In a single "Star Trek"-tastic announcement, streaming service Paramount Plus (opens in new tab) provided updates on every incarnation of sci-fi's favorite franchise, including a new trailer for "Star Trek: Picard" Season 2.
The second season of "Picard" will premiere on Thursday, March 3 (moved from Feb. 17) for 10 episodes, while Season 3 was due to start principal photography at the beginning of February, but that's been delayed (opens in new tab) for a little while at least.
"Star Trek: Discovery" we already know returns on Thursday, Feb. 10 for the final six episodes, but the show has been renewed for a fifth season. Only time will tell if the crew of the USS Discovery face yet another anomaly threatening the whole galaxy, forcing the Federation member and non-member worlds alike to dig deep for the greater good. Check out our Star Trek streaming guide to see where to watch Discovery and other Trek shows and films online.
- Want to try Paramount+? Here's a free one-month trial (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe to Paramount+ for $5.99/month (opens in new tab)
The eagerly awaited "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" has been renewed for a second season, which isn't surprising. Granted, we haven't even seen a teaser yet, but Paramount+ has made a sizable financial commitment to this, so they'll want to get a good run out of it. However, we finally have a season premiere date of Thursday, May 5.
It's worth noting this is after "Star Trek First Contact Day" on Tuesday, April 5, so it's very likely we'll get to see a trailer then and it's quite likely we'll at least have had a teaser before then, too. Plus, the "Star Trek: Mission Chicago" event runs from Friday, April 8 to Sunday, April 10, so there's bound to be some news and hopefully new footage too.
"Star Trek: Lower Decks" has also been renewed for a 10-episode long fourth season and a 10-episode third season will drop sometime in the summer of this year.
The first season of "Star Trek: Prodigy" is currently airing on Paramount Plus until Thursday, Feb. 3, when there will be a mid-season break. The next 10 episodes that make up the second half of Season 1 will then return at an as-yet-unspecified date later this year. We also know that "Prodigy" has already been renewed for a second season.
The first seven episodes of Season 4 of "Star Trek: Discovery" are available to watch now on Paramount Plus in the U.S. and CTV Sci-Fi or Crave TV in Canada. Countries outside of North America can watch on the Pluto TV Sci-Fi channel.
In the U.K., You can watch "Star Trek: Discovery" on Amazon Prime; it's £20 for the whole series, or if you have a Fire TV stick you can watch it on Pluto TV where it airs at 9 p.m. on Fridays (repeated at 9 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays), but it is not available on demand. Paramount Plus is coming to the U.K. later this year.
Here's our updated calendar of sci-fi events to look for 2022, and my-oh-my, are we in for a treat this year. The premiere date of the second season of Amazon Prime Video's awesome near-future set, comedy-drama "Upload" has also been confirmed (opens in new tab) this week for March 11, 2022.
- "The Book of Boba Fett" — airing on Disney Plus until Feb. 9, 2022
- "Blade Runner: Black Lotus" — airing on Amazon Prime until Feb. 9, 2022
- "Resident Alien" Season 2 — Jan. 26, 2022 on SyFy
- "Raised By Wolves" Season 2 — Feb. 3, 2022, on HBO Max
- "Star Trek: Discovery" rest of Season 4 — Feb. 10, 2022 on Paramount Plus
- "Star Trek: Picard" Season 2 — March 3, 2022 on Paramount Plus
- "The Orville" Season 3 — March 10, 2022 on Hulu
- "Upload" Season 2 — now official! March 11, 2022 on Amazon Prime
- "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" Season 1 — May 5, 2022 on Paramount Plus
- "Halo" — sometime in 2022 on Paramount Plus
- "For All Mankind" — sometime in 2022 on Apple TV
- "Love, Death + Robots" — sometime in 2022 on Netflix
- "The Bad Batch" Season 2 — sometime in 2022 on Disney Plus
- "Star Trek: Lower Decks" Season 3 — late in 2022 on Paramount Plus
- "The Mandalorian" Season 3 — late in 2022 on Disney Plus
- "Andor" — late in 2022 on Disney Plus
- "Obi Wan Kenobi" — late in 2022 on Disney Plus
- "Foundation" Season 2 — late in 2022 on Apple TV
- "Invasion" Season 2 — late in 2022 on Apple TV
- "Avenue 5" Season 2 — please, please, please ... on HBO Max?