In Fortnite, somebody has got to save our skins.
Those would be Star Wars skins, actually, as the incredible hyperspace franchise has returned (like the Jedi) into the multiplayer battle royale during Skywalker Week, which lasts until Nov. 8.
In between wielding lightsabers with the Force in-game, make sure to pick up the three new skins, and all their accessories, that are on offer this week: Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo. (A full listing is at the bottom of this article.)
There's plenty of Star Wars content on the island, too. "During Skywalker Week, take up Luke Skywalker’s lightsabers from 'A New Hope' and 'Return of the Jedi,' drop his X-34 Landspeeder on opponents, and once again shoot with the Stormtroopers' signature weapon," Epic Games officials said in a blog post on Tuesday (Nov. 1). Collect XP through numerous Star Wars quests, too.
Fortnite and Star Wars go together like the balance of light and dark you see in the Force. Battle Passes for the game cost 100 V-bucks ($7.99 USD). If you're looking for some real-life Fortnite gear for your gamer, check out our Fortnite Nerf gun deals guide to loot up for your next Loop.
Star Wars is no stranger to Fortnite, although some skins were part of Battle Passes that we will never see again. The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda co-starred in a 2020-21 season, while Darth Vader was the top skin earlier in 2022. Often Fortnite puts out content around "Star Wars" Day that may come back to the store, such as incredible skins featuring Rey, Finn and a Stormtrooper who last came into availability in May.
This time around, lightsabers and blaster rifles will be scattered around the island in chests, including Luke's blue lightsaber from "A New Hope," Luke's green lightsaber from "Return of the Jedi," and Darth Vader's fire-blocking red lightsaber. Also keep an eye on Junk Rifts, which may drop Luke Skywalker’s X-34 landspeeder. Check out all the bonus content, too, which is detailed in the Epic Games blog post.
All space fans will find content to enjoy in Fortnite, as past seasons explored the universe through a "J.B. Chimpanski" space explorer, a spacefaring Ariana Grande, ancient astronauts and even a map-eating black hole.
Whether you support the dark or light side of the Force, we've rounded up some other Star Wars deals. The best Lego Star Wars sets include timeless content for all ages. Also check out the best Star Wars gifts and deals to see what else the universe has in store.
Here's the full listing of accessories with each skin, according to Epic Games:
- Luke Skywalker Outfit: Force-sensitive farmer and galactic hero.
- Training Remote Back Bling: You better get on with your exercises. (Included with the Luke Skywalker Outfit.)
- Slugthrower Rifle Pickaxe: Trusty rifle to have at your side while navigating the Jundland Wastes.
- X-34 Landspeeder Glider: Ever since the XP-38 came out, they just aren't in demand.
- Leia Organa Outfit: Princess. Senator. Rebel. Icon.
- R2-D2 Back Bling: Plucky astromech droid. (Included with the Leia Organa Outfit.)
- Electrostaff Pickaxe: One of many weapons in a bounty hunter's arsenal.
- Han Solo Outfit: Smuggler. Scoundrel. Scruffy-looking nerf herder.
- Millennium Falcon Back Bling: She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. (Included with the Han Solo Outfit.)
- Vibro-staff Pickaxe: Boba Fett? Where?
Elizabeth Howell is the co-author of "Why Am I Taller?" (ECW Press, 2022; with Canadian astronaut Dave Williams), a book about space medicine. Follow her on Twitter @howellspace. Follow us on Twitter @Spacedotcom or Facebook.