A new season of "Star Trek Online" warped into action this week, bringing with it the conclusion to the game's Klingon civil war.
The new season, called "House United," dropped on PC Tuesday (May 25) and features the voices of several "Star Trek" television veterans as Klingon characters, which allows players to prove their worth before building an army and heading to Qo'noS (pronounced Kronos, the Klingon homeworld) for the final battle. (If you pursue Qapla' on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, however, your turn will have to wait until Aug. 3 when the season drops on those consoles.)
- Want to watch Star Trek on CBS All Access? Try it free for 7-days (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe to CBS All Access for $5.99/month (opens in new tab)
Here's who appears on this season's edition of the free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game, or MMORPG:
- Mary Chieffo will reprise her "Star Trek: Discovery" Klingon character, L'Rell.
- Rekha Sharma, who plays Commander Landry on "Star Trek: Discovery", will portray Adet'Pa.
- Robert O'Reilly, who played Klingon Empire leader Chancellor Gowron in two "Star Trek" franchise shows ("The Next Generation (opens in new tab)" and "Deep Space Nine"), will portray Aakar.
- J.G Hertzler will reprise his role as Klingon general Martok from "Deep Space Nine (opens in new tab)." (No word yet on whether — like in the 1990s show — he will be promoted to chancellor.)
Publisher Perfect World Entertainment also dropped a trailer on YouTube (opens in new tab) showing brief scenes from the new season. Our advice: Come for the Klingon ship fights, stay for the fluorescent pink Bat'leth.
In a statement, Perfect World said players will have two new chapters featuring Klingon content, along with an event called "Only Qo'noS Endures", a task force operation called "Remain Klingon", and three new patrols.
"After travelling to the sacred planet of Boreth and descending into the pits of Gre'thor, J'Ula, matriarch of House Mo'Kai, has resurrected the famed Klingon warrior, L'Rell," Perfect World stated. "L'Rell will be a guiding light for J'Ula on what it truly means to be Klingon."
One of the expected rewards of the new season will be "a ground set inspired by the villainous Aakar", Perfect World added, which players can earn "by exploring new episodes, patrols and TFOs [task force operations] associated with the Klingon Civil War."
Follow Elizabeth Howell on Twitter @howellspace. Follow us on Twitter @Spacedotcom and on Facebook.