Tonight, Jan. 1, at 9 p.m. EST (0100 Jan. 2 GMT), the astronomy broadcasting service Slooh will air a free webcast about largest full moon of 2018, the January's supermoon Wolf Moon. Watch the one-hour webcast live here, courtesy of Slooh.com, or directly from Slooh.com here. Refresh this page if the video is not displaying. (Note: Refresh this page if the video does not display above at start time.)Preview: New Year's Day Full Moon: Are 'Supermoons' Really That Super?
Visit Slooh.com to learn to explore space.
Editor's note: If you capture a great shot of the supermoon or any other night sky view that you would like to share with Space.com for a possible story or gallery, send images and comments in to: email@example.com.
Observing Guide and Resources
- Supermoon 2018: When and How to See January's Two Full Moons
- January Full Moons 2018: See the 'Full Wolf Moon' and a Blue Moon, Too!
- Supermoon Quiz! Are You Super or Just Lost in Space?
- Supermoon Secrets: 7 Surprising Big Moon Facts
- 'Supermoon' Photos: The Closest Full Moon Until 2034 in Pictures
- What Is a Supermoon?
- Full Cold Moon Tonight Heralds December's Supermoon: What to Expect
- Full Moon Sunday Kicks Off 'Supermoon Trilogy,' Including a Lunar Eclipse
- Slooh Airing 'Supermoon' Show Sunday: Watch It Live
- Observing the Fascinating Full Moon Using Mobile Apps: Part 2 — Supermoon
- Take the Slooh 'Supermoon Challenge' This Week!
On January 1st, at 6:00 PM PST | 9:00 PM EST | 02:00 UTC, Slooh will be pointing its telescopes to capture the brightest moon of the year, the 2nd installment of the Supermoon Trilogy. Tune-in live as hosts Dr. Paige Godfrey and Helen Avery share this moment of wonder and inspire the audience to celebrate the New Year outdoors under a Full Supermoon.
Renowned voice-over actor and Slooh member Roger Craig Smith shares our inspiration for the #supermoonchallenge
So, what are you doing this Supermoon? Send your video, written thoughts, audio recordings, show or tell us how you are capturing the Moon magic with #supermoonchallenge on Twitter and Facebook, and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.